Salary $40,000 year
Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your background and empathetic nature to work for a progressive, forward-thinking and family-owned company where creativity is encouraged? Then the Intake & Career Counselor position is for you! We are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented and caring individual to join our spirited team.
The Workforce Intake & Career Counselor is responsible for program outreach, eligibility and orientation to in school and out of school youth in the Allentown School District. This position will also provide onsite individualized case management, career counseling, and direct assistance to youth program participants
· Utilize recruitment and outreach strategies to support program enrollment benchmark
· Perform proactive outreach and follow-up with candidate pipeline to ensure successful program engagement
· Provide barrier mitigation and comprehensive case management that supports successful training and workforce engagement
· Counsel, motivate and encourage assigned caseload of participants to develop and guide through a customized career pathway and training opportunitie
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in social services, counseling, or education preferred or Bachelor's degree in similar areas with experience in counseling of individuals and families
· Case management experience preferred
· Ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals and demonstrate a positive professional attitude
· A valid driver's license is required
Bring your expertise to EDSI and live our values every day: Show Up, Smile and Support!